- 01/2017 – 11/2017: Habilitation at the Czech Technical University. Habilitation thesis on “Landscape change detection using spatial data and methods of geoinformatics. Case study of Northwest Bohemia”. Appointment as associate professor from 1 January 2018.
- 09/2005 – 08/2008: PhD studies (09/2005 – 06/2006 PhD programme Applied Mathematics, 07/2006 – 08/2008 PhD programme Geomatics – ZČU v Plzni). Auto-mathematical delineation of elementary forms of georelief as a part of Geomorphological Information System. PhD defended: October 2008.
- 02/2008 – 05/2008: PhD internship at Comenius University in Bratislava, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Department of Physical Geography and Geoecology.
- 03/2007 – 05/2007: PhD internship at Comenius University in Bratislava, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Department of Physical Geography and Geoecology.
- 09/2000 – 06/2005: Master’s degree in Geomatics – Faculty of Applied Sciences, ZČU in Pilsen.
- 08/1997 – 06/1998: Scholarship for one year study program at Nykøbing Katedralsko-le, Denmark
- 09/1995 – 06/2000: secondary education
- Old maps – processing, visualization and analysis.
- Landscape modeling – landscape reconstruction, 3D visualization.
- Digital elevation models – interpolation, manipulation, analysis.
- Photogrammetry – processing of archival and contemporary aerial imagery, terrain model creation and quality assessment.
- Small format aerial photography – drone (certified pilot) and kite (KAP) and balloon photography – creation of 3D models, orthophotos and quality assessment.
- Remote sensing in environmental protection.
- LiDAR – data processing and analysis.
- Applications of geoinformatics in archaeology, geomorphology and environmental protection.
- Use of geoinformatics in the study of dam sediment dynamics – bathymetric mapping, analysis of development and changes in flooded landscapes.
- Database systems and on-line data access – linking maps with textual information, web map applications.
- Identification of prehistoric settlements in Sudan, 6. Nile cataract – since 2011 part of the research team of the Czech Institute of Egyptology. Main focus – mapping, geodesy, 3D modelling for archaeology and geology
Publications and results
- Spatial data collection methods (in Czech)
- Spatial data collection and visualization (in Czech)
- Ing. Paulina Raeva (školitel specialista)
- Ing. Karel Pavelka
- Ing. Dominik Brétt
- Ing. Jaroslav Nýdrle
- Ing. Jakub Vynikal